Water supply area-The water supply system of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province was formed in the early years of the twentieth century. On April 19th 1982, People’s Committee of Vung Tau – Con Dao Special Zone signed a decision to establish Vung Tau – Ba Ria Water Supply and Sewerage Enterprise, which is an independent unit operating on the basis of separating two water production workshops of Chau Thanh and Vung Tau Turbocharger workshop from Dong Nai Water Supply Drilling Company. And that is the forerunner of Ba Ria – Vung Tau Water Supply Joint Stock Company (BWACO) today.
Through the process of formation and development, Ba Ria – Vung Tau Water Supply Joint Stock Company has constantly grown in both scale and production capacity. Currently, BWACO is managing 6 large and small water factories providing clean water for domestic and production purposes to customers in the whole province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau. The company is also rated as one of the highly efficient business units in the water supply industry in Vietnam.
People’s Committee of Vung Tau – Con Dao Special Zone signed a decision to establish Vung Tau – Ba Ria Water Supply and Sewerage Enterprise. This is an important milestone chosen as the date of incorporation.
1993 - 2002
The company completed the construction and put into use:
- Ba Ria Underground water factory
- Song Dinh water factory
- Phu My-My Xuan water supply system
- Phuoc Buu water supply system
- Chau Duc water supply system
- Binh Chau water supply system
- January 2005: Separating 1 affiliated unit of Phu My Water Supply Enterprise to equitize to become an independent enterprise called Phu My Water Supply Joint Stock Company.
- June 2005: The company transformed into a 100% state-owned one-member limited liability company with the name of Ba Ria – Vung Tau Water Supply Company Limited.
- September 30, 2005: Certificate of Quality Management System ISO standard 9001: 2000
- In 30/12/2006 : The company completed the construction and put into use of Ho Da Den Water Supply System, the largest surface water factory built in Phuoc Hung Ward, Ho Chi Minh City. Ba Ria.
- In 01/01/2008: January 1st, 2008: Officially becoming Ba Ria – Vung Tau Water Supply Joint Stock Company, with abbreviated name: BWACO
From 2009 to 2010
Received Vietnam Gold Star Award
On the occasion of the 30th founded anniversary of the Company, BWACO was honored to receive the First-Class Labor Medal
November 6, 2015: Customer care center – Call Center was established. The centralized reception of information has increased professionalism, facilitated the management, inspection, result monitoring and information processing progress of all units as well as collecting customer feedback on service quality.
BWACO raised the capacity of 2 water plants of Ngai Giao and Phuoc Buu, and completed the construction of HDPE D1000 raw water pipeline.
- November 28, 2017: BWACO’s shares were officially listed on UPCOM stock exchange; under code BWS.
- April 2018: BWACO applied a combination of indicator recording, printing receipts and collection of water bill at home across all water supply areas. This is a modern technology application solution that is very convenient for customers.
- September 2018: Signed a Contract of Water Supply between Long Son Petrochemical Company Limited (LSP) and Chau Duc Water Supply Joint Stock Company (WAS), with the same supplier was Ba Ria Water Supply Joint Stock Company – Vung Tau (BWACO).
BWACO increased its charter capital from VND 630 to VND 800 billion, completing its production and business plan with a total revenue of nearly VND 673 billion.
To achieve the above results, in 2019, BWACO has focused on investing and renovating water supply pipelines; application of technology to production and service business; implement many solutions to ensure safe water supply, regularly check and control and promptly prevent risks of water pollution.